Conference Innovators is committed to protecting the privacy of all your personal information when you use our services. Whenever you provide such information we will only use your information in line with all applicable data protection laws, the NZ Privacy Act 1993, including the EU - General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Your information will be kept in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted according to that data protection laws.
What information will we collect about you?
When you register with Conference Innovators we may collect the following information about you:
- Address / Email / Phone Number
- Credit card (only applicable if accommodation has been requested by you via CI)
- Place of work / Position title
- Academic Credentials
- Visa requirements (only applicable if travel visa required and has been requested by you)
How will Conference Innovators use the information it collects about you?
Conference Innovators will use your personal data only for the purpose of the congress that you have registered for. This may include the following:
- To process transactions
- To send you marketing communications, relating to the congress. We will only do this where you have given your consent to do.
- To provide your personal data to our accommodation broker / hotels if accommodation has been requested by you. (The lawful justification for collecting and providing your personal data to hotels is that it is necessary for the booking of your accommodation which you contractually enter into at the point of registration.
Other trusted third parties that will have access to your personal data?
Your data will be shared with other trusted organisations and third parties in order to process your registration. Only data relevant to their specific role will be made available.
These may include:
- Payment system operators (authorised e-commerce merchant provider for credit cards).
- Microsoft Azure & Centium Software platform where the events database is hosted from.
- Accommodation broker, and hotels for which you have a reservation via Conference Innovators.
- Conference organisation and programme committees of the conference you are registered for.
- Sponsors and Exhibitors (noting, in a separate privacy section of the registration form, you can opt in or out of your information being shared with sponsors and exhibitors).
- Venue/Caterers where you have indicated a dietary requirement this will be provided to any catering company contracted for that event.
How long will Conference Innovators store my personal information?
Your personal data will be retained by Conference Innovators for up to 24 months after the conclusion of the event, at which point all of your personal details are removed from our system.
Whereby you tell us that you no longer wish to receive marketing messages about the congress, we will keep this information about you until you tell us otherwise. This is to ensure we don't send you any further communications in error.
What rights do you have over accessing or correcting your personal data?
You retain the right to withdraw consent to use your personal data at any time. Please be aware that a withdrawal of consent before the start of an event may incur a cancellation fee as noted in the events Terms and Conditions.
You retain the right to request that we forget or anonymize your personal data. If you have attended any event with us, we will retain any financial, tax or event attendance records for reporting reasons, but will remove all personal data from our database, leaving an anonymised record for reporting reasons.
You can access your personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact details below. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information. If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of any information supplied by you, Conference Innovators have put in place a Data Protection Officer to administer processes to protect your information. Additionally, all user information stored is protected from unauthorised access through the use of secure passwords, user PINs and other security procedures within our database system.
Changes to our privacy notice
We will keep this privacy notice under regular review
How to contact us
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this policy. If you have any questions, please contact our DPO at
| Data Protection Officer
Conference Innovators Ltd
Unit 2, 11 Tussock Lane
Ferrymead, Christchurch 8023
Phone: +64 3 379 0390
Please include your name, email address and/or phone number and clearly describe your request. We will acknowledge and respond to you regarding your request within a realistic period of time.